Ignite 2017 SharePoint Cliff Notes
Posted on November 1, 2017
by Joel Oleson
Leave a Comment
Cliff Notes from Microsoft Ignite on SharePoint, OneDrive, and Office 365 and SharePoint 2019
- Microsoft 365 == Office 365 ++
- Bing for Business – data from both on-premises and cloud resources can be embedded in the same search results list using Microsoft Graph and AI to connect relevant contextual data from Office 365 and Internet based Bing results based searches. There is a preview. When you search for a file, regardless the file type, you can preview the file directly in the search result without opening or downloading it.
- Linkedin data coming to profiles in Delve and Graph, more to be announced for developers
- New Office 365 App Launcher
- Teams is the new shizz. It is taking front and center as intelligent communications. It is getting call in support for meetings, better SharePoint integration, better everything integration and development support for much more.
- New Yammer Vision/Roadmap think of it as the outer ring of communication.
- Flow deeper SharePoint integration including column list access and support in SharePoint 2019
- SharePoint 2019 TAP and Preview is open. https://aka.ms/sptap (Code: SPT232).
- OneDrive announcement – When you share a document with outside users, they will receive one email with the shared document and one email with a one-time passcode. Then they can access, view, or edit the document even if they don’t have an Office 365 account.
- OneDrive Files On-Demand is also now generally available which allows you to sync OneDrive files to File Explorer and manage your files directly through File Explorer without utilizing any of your device’s storage.
- Microsoft’s SharePoint Migration Tool was also launched today. This allows users to migrate home directories, file shares, and document libraries to Office 365
- SharePoint Hub sites were announced. This allows you to organize your intranet bringing associated sites together and create cohesion with shared navigation and look-and-feel.
- New Security Controls – site classification, conditional access based on location and device
- OneDrive UI improvements including sharing files from explorer
- New Templates and Designs – SharePoint Mobile Natively – Communication Sites improvements
Like it? Why not share it?