Another passionate group that’s ready to launch a user group and was excited to be visited by the Sharing the Point crew. We made our way into the middle of the world in Quito Ecuador which is right near the equator. In fact following the event Michael Noel and I made our way out to 0,0,0 latitude.
We had a great group that joined us. Nearly 70 signed up to join us. We had two folks on the ground who helped us arrange the facilities from afar. We ended up at the UDLA -University de las Americas
Thanks to the locals who helped us get this off the ground. Santiago did a lot to help promote the event and in sharing the event far and wide.
Ivan worked with the University, and joined us for lunch following the event. He helped us with the local sponsorship.
A great group assembled together and many are interested in putting together something longer term.
SharePoint Sessions in Quito…
- SharePoint 2013 and the Mobile Enterprise Revolution by Joel Oleson
- Ultimate SharePoint Infrastructure Best Practices by Michael Noel
- Social Architecture of SharePoint for Developers by Paul Swider
A Series of Blogs written by Ned
The Sharing The Point Tour Northern South America
- Sharing The Point Kickoff – “Party in Trinidad”
- Sharing The Point Guyana “Meetup in Georgetown”
- Sharing The Point Venezuela in Caracas “Uncovered Passion”
- Sharing The Point Colombia in Bogota “Strong Community in South America”
- Sharing The Point Ecuador in Quito “Equator and the wrap up”
Where do we go from here?
Mini events as part of bigger trips… As part of our visit to the Iberian SharePoint Conference in October, we are planning on visiting Algeria and Malta.
Demand for an event in Algiers and Malta has exploded. We have already over 30 waiting to hear how these events will come together.
Plans to return to Africa in Nigeria, Ghana and more in November…
We are looking for partners that are interested in aligning with our efforts. (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info including a variety of web sponsors. ) All of our events are designed around building community and connecting those disconnected with the greater SharePoint Community.