Recently AIIM completed a very important survey that shared results based on a number of topics around enterprise search and discovery. In the study they discovered a number of things that can help reinforce the important of Enterprise Search in the enterprise and help companies that are working out their search strategies. I’ve compiled a few of these results in an infographic that can be easily digested around some of the key findings. At BA Insight we take Enterprise Search seriously and I spend quite a bit of my time taking customers through Search Strategic planning exercises. This inforgraphic is from a series produced around enterprise search and SharePoint Search.
Here are a few of the key findings:
- 1% say enterprise search is “Not that important”
- 12% of those polled have an Enterprise Search Strategy
- 18% have external repositories connected to their Enterprise Search
- 71% of Customers polled found that Enterprise search is Essential or Vital
- 75% of customers agree it is easier to find information outside the organization than inside
- 44% of customers get ROI in 12 months or less!
You can download the August 2014 AIIM survey results:
Are you serious about Search or Looking to get serious? Let’s talk Enterprise Search Strategy and we’ll share our experience with you.
This inforgraphic is designed to be shared. Feel free to download or share the full blog post or image on social media. It’s also fine to include it as a new post in your blog.
Enjoyed this infographic? I’ve build some others around search including SharePoint Search Tips and Tricks for Users.