I’ve just completed the DNS update. There is still a lot of clean up to do to get all the redirects working right. The good news is… search works pretty well on the new platform. So if you landed here you should be able to find the post you were looking for… if not, please add it to the comments with the post id number from the URL. Guess what!?? Comments work!
Please join me in welcoming the new platform! I’m very excited to serve my readers better with a much more engaging platform. Excited to start Year 8 of blogging with a much improved interface!
Please update all your bookmarks and links to collabshow.com
Goals with my new blog!
1. Working comments with rich notifications for me, so we can really interact and engage in real conversations.
2. Better categories so it’ easier to keep the good stuff around for longer, and a much easier to use interface. I’d be really surprised if you don’t immediately see and experience the improvements.
3. Cool features. With all the plugins you’ll see the platform continuing to improve for your use. If you think something is missing let me know.
4. Community Calendar. I’m going to be a lot better at sharing where I’m going and when I’m doing webcasts and tons more about what’s going on in the community. I’m also going to find a way to make it very easy for all of you to interact here.
5. The engagements I have with vendors should make a lot more sense now. Technical content and blogs separate from vendor announcements and product reviews. The site should load much faster and have a richer interface.
6. Every post should have a picture, so it should be more interesting and better when sharing the content on twitter, facebook, linkedin, and more. I’ll continue to add better social integration features.
7. SEO, I know I already had pretty good SEO, but now it will even be better with better tags, URLs, topics, categories, and more… Much much easier to find my good content.
8. Bigger and better. You’re going to see me venture more into enterprise social networking and the evolution of MS to the Office 365 and Yammer cloud. More about why in my new job in the next post.
9. CollabShow – Yes. More industry content for enterprise collaboration.
10. Love it, like it. Let me know!! I plan to do webcasts on a monthly basis and try to find a platform that allows a real “SHOW” type of experience. I will continue connecting to the community and this will make it that much easier.