The next phase is complete. Features showed at SPC14 including conversaationsGreat to see even more Yammer integration with SharePoint. You can read the details on the Office Blog, but I wanted to give you some context to better understand some of what’s happened to help you understand a string of Mobile and Office 365 announcements. Microsoft has shipped over 100 updates over the past year. Here are a few notable ones that relate. By the way also understand Office Web Apps is now known as Office Online.
You’ll only see this function in your SharePoint Online in Word, Excel and PowerPoint online with a combined Yammer Enterprise subscription in Office 365.
Figure: PowerPoint Online with Yammer
Check out the simple Yammer conversations video in Office Online… then makes sure you’re caught up with some of the more significant updates…
1. Office 365 ProPlus Monthly/Annual Subscription – Users, Small Biz or Families can install Office 365 ProPlus on up to five PCs and Macs plus five smartphones and tablets (with apps that have since released)
2. SkyDrive Pro becomes OneDrive for Business
3. Windows Phone 8 Ships with Office Hub (2013)
4. Native OneDrive for Business and Office Mobile apps (including Windows Phone, Windows 8, iOS, and Android devices)
5. Office Mobile shipped for iPhone, and Android (Previously shipped for Windows Mobile with WinPhone 8 release)
6. Office shipped for iPad in the form of Word for iPad, Excel for iPad, etc…
7. Yammer “App” Ships in the App Store for SharePoint 2013
8. OneDrive option ships in SharePoint 2013 SP1 to support hybrid on premises integration with Office 365 OneDrive for Business in the cloud.
9. Yammer navigation switch option first available for Office 365 ships in SharePoint 2013 SP1 for on premises users
10. OneDrive User storage increased to 100GB then OneDrive for Business storage increased to 1TB!