I took some notes during Karuana’s talk at SPTechcon that I wanted to share.
While Karuana may not have intended to “announce” new planned features, I found a few of the details to be great clarifications that help provide additional details on the roadmaps I’ve seen publicly. With a focus on SharePoint and Office365, these details aren’t all found on the success.yammer.com roadmap.
Office365 and Yammer Integration
1. Yammer to Office365 SkyDrive Pro – Uploading files into yammer puts them in your SkyDrive Pro with Yammer integration.
2. Yammer to Skype Integration – Video Chat
3. Office Web Apps in Yammer – View and Edit documents in Yammer
4. DL to Yammer group migration – Distribution list migration and support inside of yammer.
5. Social Calendars – Group + Events Calendar
6. App Strategy – right now Yammer has it’s own apps, and so does SharePoint
7. Social SDK – Support for an updated software development kit
8. Community Integration – SharePoint Communities and group integration
9. New User Experience – a more united Yammer and Office 365 unified experience
10. Document Conversations – Yammer as the conversation engine for documents
Microsoft has been marching against the Roadmap shared with the community. Here are a few things that have been delivered recently.
1. Option to replace Newsfeed link with Yammer
2. Yammer App for SharePoint 2013
3. Guidance for On Premise Customers